Sunday, July 15, 2012

Road Trip, Just the 3 of us...

I am a little behind in blogging, two kids keep me busy. In June,Andrew started a new job. Praise the Lord! We have been praying for him to have a new job for a while.

So, one weekend in June the kids and I packed up and headed out for our first road trip. Andrew had to work, so it was just the kids and I, Grandma and Grandpa, Aunts, Uncle and Isaac's cousin Mercedes. 
















The drive was fun. The kids and I had fun in the van, Mercedes even hung out with us. When we got to South Dakota, we stopped for dinner at Pizza Hut. The drive was one of my favorite parts of the trip.






















We stayed at a camp ground, in cabins. The kids loved every minute of it.  We swam in the pool, we cooked by the fire, we had smores.
















We took the kids to see Mt. Rushmoore and Isaac LOVED it. He still talks about it. 
 

















One of the best memories of the trip  was when Isaac completed the Jr. Ranger program. He had to answer all these questions about Mt. Rushmoore and the animals around the park.























It was only fitting that he got a ranger hat to celebrate. And he LOVES it! I happen to think it is the cutest thing ever!

















Isaac played in the dirt, what little boy won't love to shovel dirt?
























CAitlyn discovered lots of new foods, powered sugar donuts, scones, and her favorite teething toy while we were gone was a chicken bone.























We took Isaac to Bear Country, a favorite! He loved driving around and looking at all the bears. It was so fun to watch him see everything!
























Ice cream was a regular part of the trip. It is tradition really, this little boy loves ice cream!


It was a fun trip! It was a good weekend and I got to soak up all the mama time a  mama could ever want. It was a fun for me. I missed Andrew, I missed sitting with him by the fire and snuggling in our sleeping bag. I missed the way we hang out and relax together, I missed my man. It was good to be home, it was a good trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment