Monday, July 19, 2010

Corn... the answer to life...

A few weeks back, I had dinner with my parents and sisters to celebrate the publishing of my book. Andrew had to work, so Isaac and I went to my parent's house for dinner in the back yard... the only request I had was to have to corn on the cob...


... Isaac watched Auntie Mandy peel the corn and picked up a little something for himself...


... he has NEVER had corn on the cob before...


... he just bit right in and went for it, before it was even cooked...


... and he LOVED IT...



... I pray he faces the challenges that come his way exactly the same way - I pray he just jumps right in and goes after it...

One thing I have learned over the last 10 or so days... is to cling to the "corn on the cob" moments in life... I tenderly love that Jesus walks with us in the midst of it all... even if we need a little help to just jump right in and go for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment