Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Psalm 119: 41 - 48

Waw

41 May your unfailing love come to me, O LORD,
your salvation according to your promise;

42 then I will answer the one who taunts me,

for I trust in your word.

43 Do not snatch the word of truth from my mouth,
for I have put my hope in your laws.

44 I will always obey your law,
for ever and ever.

45 I will walk about in freedom,
for I have sought out your precepts.

46 I will speak of your statutes before kings
and will not be put to shame,

47 for I delight in your commands
because I love them.

48 I lift up my hands to your commands, which I love,
and I meditate on your decrees.

Sometimes I think if I screw up just one more time, Sweet Jesus will finally give up on me. Sometimes I question His promise to never leave me or forsake me, and sometimes, I just push Him away. But then there are the words from verses 41 – 48 and peace suddenly comes over my heart. You see, I am not the only one that has ever said to Sweet Jesus “Flood me with your unfailing love and remind me of my salvation because I am really feeling unworthy of you at the moment.” Note verse 41

I am often the most frustration with my Sweet Jesus when mean people surround me. I am not the only one out there that thinks mean people suck! It is right there in verse 42 – I will answer the mean people who suck, I will answer them in love because I trust your word and I trust YOU to deal with them. It is often at this very moment, you know, when I am face to face with one of those mean people, and I really want to say something not so Jesus like and either nothing comes out of the mouth when I open it with every intention to say something nasty, or something straight from His word comes out. I tell ya, it is a miracle! Note verse 43…

I want to be able to say that “I will always obey your law, for ever and ever.” But the reality is, I screw it up every day, every minute of the day. But then, no matter how much I screw up, He forgives me and allows me to speak on HIS BEHALF! I am trusted with His Word and instructed to share it with others, and yet, nine times out of ten, I screw it up.

At the end of the day, when my list of screw ups in longer than my list of successes, I can find a quiet place, open His Word and hear from my Sweet Jesus. I am renewed, forgiven, loved and cherished, no matter what happens to be on my list. How cool is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment