1. choose simple goals that will make your life richer and happier on a daily basis. choose things you may not otherwise get done, but that are not difficult to accomplish.
2. do not choose result oriented goals, choose activity oriented goals. for example.... instead of "lose 10 pounds", choose something like "eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day". get what i'm saying? positive actions instead of just the end result!
3. choose goals that are personal that you believe will truly make your life richer just by doing them! they can be daily, weekly or one time experiences.
4. choose a reward for each goal as it is accomplished! it can be a small or large reward.
5. blog your goals, each one as you achieve it and a big post when they are all finished before the new year!
So... here are my 4 Simple Goals!
Goal #1: I have been reading a blog written by Jill Savage, and one of her posts was all about how most moms don’t wear enough accessories. She has a guideline called the 16 point accessory rule that I have chosen to make my first goal. There is a point system and my goal is to get to have a total of 12 points or more WHENEVER I leave the house, even if it is just to run to the grocery store... the exception to the goal is any out of the house "outtings" that occur in the middle of the night or in an emergency.
• Wedding ring set: 1 point
• Fun ring on right hand: 1 point
• Bangle or bracelet: 1 point for each
• Necklace: 1 point
• Earrings: 2 points (one for each one)
• Belt: 1 point
• Shoes: 2 points
• Jeans/trousers/skirt: 1 point
• Top: 1 point if solid color or 2 points if it is a print or multi color
• Jacket or sweater: 1 point
• Nail polish: 1 point (total, for all ten fingers)
• Makeup: 1 point
• Getting compliments on your haircut: 1 point (if you’re not getting compliments, why not make a change?)
I am the cute sweat pants kind of a mom and I feel like I necessarily don't have to change out of my "around the house" clothes to go out of the house... So this is a big change -