Thursday, September 2, 2010

4 Simple Goals

One of the posts from one of the blogs I read, MayDae, has stuck with me, I have read it and re-read it almost every day. It is one of the most simple and yet inspiring blog posts... Check it out here - May, the author of this particular post is a woman I truly admire, I admire her sense of fashion, her ability to be truly comfortable in her own skin and her stunning natural beauty is breath-taking. Check out her original post here.

May's post is all about setting four simple goals, the original blog post that inspired it all was one written and posted by A Beautiful Mess... check it out -

The guidelines for setting the four simple goals are simple, here are the guidelines, taken straight from A Beautiful Mess...

1. choose simple goals that will make your life richer and happier on a daily basis. choose things you may not otherwise get done, but that are not difficult to accomplish.

2. do not choose result oriented goals, choose activity oriented goals. for example.... instead of "lose 10 pounds", choose something like "eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day". get what i'm saying? positive actions instead of just the end result!

3. choose goals that are personal that you believe will truly make your life richer just by doing them! they can be daily, weekly or one time experiences.

4. choose a reward for each goal as it is accomplished! it can be a small or large reward.

5. blog your goals, each one as you achieve it and a big post when they are all finished before the new year!

So... here are my 4 Simple Goals!

Goal #1: I have been reading a blog written by Jill Savage, and one of her posts was all about how most moms don’t wear enough accessories. She has a guideline called the 16 point accessory rule that I have chosen to make my first goal. There is a point system and my goal is to get to have a total of 12 points or more WHENEVER I leave the house, even if it is just to run to the grocery store... the exception to the goal is any out of the house "outtings" that occur in the middle of the night or in an emergency.

• Watch: 1 point
• Wedding ring set: 1 point
• Fun ring on right hand: 1 point
• Bangle or bracelet: 1 point for each
• Necklace: 1 point
• Earrings: 2 points (one for each one)
• Belt: 1 point
• Shoes: 2 points
• Jeans/trousers/skirt: 1 point
• Top: 1 point if solid color or 2 points if it is a print or multi color
• Jacket or sweater: 1 point
• Nail polish: 1 point (total, for all ten fingers)
• Makeup: 1 point
• Getting compliments on your haircut: 1 point (if you’re not getting compliments, why not make a change?)

I am the cute sweat pants kind of a mom and I feel like I necessarily don't have to change out of my "around the house" clothes to go out of the house... So this is a big change -


Goal #2: Routine: It is my goal to get out of the house, for an activity, not for a trip through the Starbucks Drive Thru in my "around the house" clothes for a While Chocolate Mocha, 3 times a week. I have always LOVED a routine. I thrive on a schedule, I adore appointments that are color coded on my calendar... so I am going to get out of the house. I have registered Isaac for Music and Movement on Monday's at the local library and a story time/learning time on Wednesday at the library as well. I have also signed up for a Friday Morning Bible Study at our church. I think it will really benefit Isaac and if I can just get my accessories on and my "around the house" clothes off, I might just accomplish this goal!

Goal #3: Cooking: I am not the best cook, frankly, it is because I just don't want to do it. I don't know why, I just don't like it. I think I don't like it because I am not good at it and I have very little knowledge about it. And if I put the time in to make something and it turns out horrible, which has happened on more than one occasion, I get so frustrated I never want to cook again. My goal is to cook at least 3 meals a day, which will mostly be dinner, but also be able to eat lunch at home 3 days a week as well.

Goal #4: Fingernails/Toe Nails: There is something about having my fingernails and toenails painted. I love it. I feel beautiful. I feel more confident. I actually want to accessories and put on make up. I know it is simple, but it is just pure, pretty and practically free. So my goal is to have my toenails painted and my fingernails kept up and possibly painted, on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment