Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dear Mama... my MAMA!

I was listening to the radio this morning and heard Carrie Underwood's new song, Mama's Song... it brought tears to my eyes... Here are my thoughts on her words...

Mama you taught me to do the right things
So now you have to let your baby fly
You've given me everything that I will need
To make it through this crazy thing called life
And I know you watch me grow up and always want what’s best for me
And I think I found the answer to your prayers

Mama - I am in a place in life that is different than anything I have ever experienced before. and I have found that this place in life is the place the LORD wants me to be, therefore, it's good, HE is good...


And he is good, so good
He treats your little girl like a real man should
He is good, so good, he makes promises he keeps
No he's never gonna leave
So don’t you worry about me
Don’t you worry about me

And in the midst of this time in my life, there is NO WAY I could do it without you. Your mama advice, your support with the calling the Lord has placed on my heart... I need it...


Mama there’s no way you'll ever lose me
And giving me away is not goodbye
As you watch me walk down to my future, I hope tears of joy are in your eyes

Cuz he is good, so good
He treats your little girl like a real man should
He is good, so good, he makes promises he keeps
No he's never gonna leave
So don’t you worry about me
Don’t you worry about me

The man, the LORD has given me, is good... He is soooo good! He takes care of me, he talks to me, he listens to me, he provides for me and he lovesssssssssss me. Man does he love me well. We have been given a son and my prayer for his wife is that he will be sooo good for her and that HE will be soooooo good to them, just has HE has been to us.


And when I watch my baby grow up,
I'll only want what's best for her.
And I hope she'll find,
the answer to my prayers.
And that she'll say...


He is good, so good
He treats your little girl like a real man should
He is good, so good, he makes promises he keeps
No he's never gonna leave
So don’t you worry about me
Don’t you worry about me

Mama don’t you worry about me – the sleepless nights, the stressful conversations with Jesus, the endless writing and re-writing and the tears, the joy and the life HE has given me, the husband HE has given me and the son HE has given us, are good. So… GOOD!

Just in case you were wondering…

No comments:

Post a Comment