I have a passion to pray for my child. I want to pray over him every moment of everyday. I have such a strong desire for him to passionately love Jesus.
A dear blog friend of mine has been a HUGE answer to prayer. For a while now, I have been praying to receive wisdom about how and when to pray for Isaac, and on her blog, she gave me the following idea and words… So during the following events thru out the day, I have been given the wonderful prayers to pray on behalf of my precious son.
You will notice her button on the left hand side of my blog... it is just the most perfect reminder...
1. When he wakes up: “Let the morning bring Isaac word of your unfailing love, for he has put his trust in You. Show him the way he should go, for to you he lifts up his soul.” (Adapted from Psalm 143:8)
2. While he is getting dressed: “Therefore, as God’s chosen child, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Lord, help him bear with others and forgive whatever grievances he has against others. Help him forgive as the Lord forgave him. And over all these virtues, help him put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.” (Adapted from Colossians 3:12-14)
3. While he is eating: “Teach Isaac the secret of being content in any and every situation whether well-fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. Teach him that he can do everything through Him who gives him strength.” (Adapted from Philippians 4:12-13)
4. When he goes out of the house: “Isaac, do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is-His good, pleasing and perfect will. Isaac, speak truth, for your tongue is powerful and is a reflection of your heart. May the Lord give you wisdom in the words to speak and may He bless your ability to hold your tongue.” (Adapted from Romans 12:2)
5. While he is taking a bath: Lord, give Isaac clean hands and a pure heart, and let him not lift his soul to an idol or swear by what is false. Let him receive blessing from the Lord and vindication from God his Savior. Let him be part of the generation of those who seek him, who seek your face, O God of Jacob. (Adapted from Psalm 24:4-6)
6. When he is going to bed: “The Lord Your God is with you; he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, be will rejoice over you with singing.” (Zephaniah 3:17)
7. While he is sleeping: “I pray that Isaac will do everything without complaining or arguing, so that he may become blameless and pure, a child of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which he shines like a star in the universe as he holds out the word of life-in order that he may boast on the day of Christ that he did not run or labor for nothing.” (Adapted from Philippians 2:14-16)