Tuesday, October 18, 2011

His story... HE is faithful...

This is my daughter... I have a daughter... this picture was taken just a few minutes after she was born.

You see, her story is a story of HIS faithfulness. I was asked during my first trimester if we, my husband and I, wanted to scrap this pregnancy and start over, as it is unlikely we would carry her full term, due to some growth issues in her and blood/platelet issues within me. I was put on bed rest for the last 2 months and struggled with every physical, emotional and mental aspect of this pregnancy. I clung to my Jesus. I cried out to Him, I cried for Him and I begged Him...



This is my daughters BIG BROTHER. Not only has her birth taught her mama about HIS faithfulness, it has taughter her brother about HIM, Jesus, the REAL ONE who answers prayers.

Isaac has been praying for his baby sister, Caitlyn Starla Blueberry Vigil to grow and be healthy. He prays for her at night and before he goes into school. He has witnessed people praying over his mama and he has witnessed his prayers being answered.

Side Note: Isaac calls her blueberry because in all her pictures from the doctor, she always looked like a blueberry :)



In May, I went away for the weekend, before I knew via medical confirmation that my baby was a girl. I spent most of that time crying and begging the Lord for a healthy baby and for the first time in my life, I had a very private moment with the Lord that I quietly wrote down in my journal and I waited and prayed over...



This is Caitlyn Starla Vigil...



This is Daddy, Mama and Caitlyn just after her arrival via C-Section. Praises Be... Mama got to be awake for the procedure, we were told because of the platlet/blood issues Mama would likely be put to sleep, so this was a HUGE answer to prayer, a precious blessing and a tender moment for Mama...



Caitlyn Starla Vigil was born on Monday, October 17th, 2011 at 12:25am.

She weighed 8 pounds and was 19 inches long.

She has no signs of health or growth issues.

Jesus, I love you, I love your story of faithfulness and I cannot thank you enough for the journey You and I have had for the past several months. I know you more deeply, I love you more passionately, and I trust you in a way I cannot describe. You are who you say you are and I love you! Thank you. Amen

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Mary! You have such strong faith. Your children are so precious! So glad she is here safe and healthy. HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME STORY!!!!! SO GLAD THAT EVERYONE IS HEALTHY!!! Praise Jesus!!! CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! He is faithful. And she? Is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Big Brother's smile says it all! Praise you sweet Jesus for showing us all that you remain our Rock, there is no other!! Take care beautiful Mama and Daddy and CONGRATULATIONS!!

    ReplyDelete