Sunday, June 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Grandpa

We, and by we, I mean ALOT of people... all got together to celebrate my Grandpa's 80th birthday. It was a great time. We had a "Traditional Johnson Family Get Together" and this entire week, I will be sharing some of my favorite pictures from our time together... and of courses I will add in some of the stories of what really happened while we all got together....


There are a lot of us... and when we get together we have a great time. A "Tradition Johnson Family Get Together" normally includes a taco party, some margaritas, a camp fire, some smores, a little rain, and a LOT of laughter... oh and someone always gets caught on film doing something they shouldn't... a few years ago, my Uncle was attempting to take a family picture and he tripped over the camera and we caught a picture of our reaction as we watched him take a tumble... don't worry, when we got the pictures back, we were all caught on film laughing at him! And we still do to this day!


So... you will notice a small, beautifully framed picture just behind the cake. That is my Grandma, she passed away while I was in High School, and a few years ago my Grandpa remarried a wonderful woman I refer to as Grams. But, regardless of how much I love my Grams, there is not a "Traditional Johnson Family Get Together" that our sweet Grandma is not missed. After all if it weren't for the two of them, our "Traditional Johnson Family Get Together" parties would not be happening...


Grandpa is known to make fabulous faces for pictures. One year, while we were all camping, he unknowingly flashed some gang signs while getting his picture taken - it is something we still laugh about. So, this get together was no different.... we had to get some funny pictures of Grandpa...


... we caught Grandpa, being Grandpa and the pictures are priceless...



... there will be more pictures as the week goes on and as I reflect on the blessing of such a fun loving family!

No comments:

Post a Comment