Monday, October 12, 2009

BiRtHdaY WeEk!

Well, in just 7 days Isaac will turn 2.
Which means today kicks off his BIRTHDAY WEEK!
So this week is going to be dedicated to him.
Brace yourself for some sappy mama moments and some fabulous pictures!

This was our very first family picture - I remember that moment like it was yesterday. I remember wanting to hear him cry so badly. I just wanted to hold my baby and when that moment came and I heard his voice for the very first time, I melted. Everything within me melted. I would not change anything about that day, it was perfect.


This is one of my most beloved pictures. It is my best friend, my lover, my safe place, my provider and my partner with our son. I am humbled when I look at this picture mostly because if you would have asked me 10 years ago what my life would be like, I would not have pictured this. If you would have asked me what the Lord had in store for Andrew and I just 4 years ago, I would have told you I wanted a baby, but I was not sure it would ever come.

I look at this picture and I so proud of the man I married. I am proud of the father he has become. I proud of relationship he has with the Lord and I am proud to have his last name.

Isaac, my prayer for you is that you grow up to know the Lord and to be just like your daddy. May you look at him and know that he is a good man. May you learn from him what it is like to be a Godly man and may you be blessed with a friendship with your father that will last a lifetime. May you always love to laugh and play. May you look at the world with a little bit of innocense and may you see Jesus in just about everything that comes your way. I love you sweet boy - Happy Birthday week!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful prayer and such a tribute to a Jesus-reflecting daddy!

    ReplyDelete