Thursday, October 1, 2009

Alone and yet, okay

Interestingly enough, I have come to find out what happens when one makes a bold statement about our one and only savior Jesus Christ. Recently I let a few people in on this new adventure the Lord has me on. For those who do not know yet, I have recently founded a Non-Profit Organization called Girls Only Ministry. Girls Only Ministry is a place that provides shelter, education, and love to girls within the community between the ages of 13 and 23. It is my belief that these years are the most formative in a young woman’s life, and I passionately believe these are the years where their relationship with Jesus Christ has the opportunity to drastically impact their lives. It is the desire of this ministry to use the Word of the Lord to teach and transform lives. It is the desire of this ministry to bring glory to Jesus as a result of the relationships that are built in relationship with His calling on the lives of those who love Him.

So back to the recent events… I let a few people know that I would be having an event for the community and would like invite them. Their response as a whole, was less than warm, it was cold, freezing actually. And today, a day later, the comments are still coming. I have included some of my favorites for your amusement… Don’t worry I have also included my comments, that I wish I could say, as well…

Them: “Don’t you have to be kind of smart to start a Non-Profit Organization”
Me: “Why thank you for thinking of me as a “smart” person.”

Them: “Don’t you know this is a hard time in the economy and no one will ever get on board with this “idea” of yours financially” (Yes this person actually used their fingers for quotes around the word idea)
Me: “Well, the good Lord is already on board, so who else do I really need, right?”

Them: “You do realize this won’t make you any money right?”
Me: “And do I make a lot of money now?”

Them: “Why would I care about something that does not involve me or directly affect me?”
Me: “Because you are apparently a “Christian” and I hope you would love those that Jesus loves.”

Them: “I think you are making a huge mistake”
Me: “Thank you.”

Them: “You do know that your religious beliefs are not the only truth out there right?
Me: “Correct me if I am wrong but if Jesus is truth, how can something that contradict Him or His word also be considered truth?”

And finally… my favorite…
Them: “You are young, I made plenty of mistakes when I was young and had no idea what to believe as well.”
Me: “Oh, do not make a mistake, I know what I believe, I believe in the way, the truth and the light and that there is no other way expect thru Jesus Christ.”

I am sure if I could say what I REALLY wanted to say, I would have to include a few symbols (@!*%) to make it okay for the blog…

Sometimes standing with Jesus means we stand alone, and are we really okay with that?
I have come to understand that fear is one of the enemy's favorite tools to keep us from going forward in our lives. As soon as we make a decision to step out in faith and do what God is telling us to do, immediately the enemy will bring fear. He'll put thoughts in your mind like, "What if I fail? What will others think? Maybe I don't have what it takes." He'll do his best to use fear to try to convince you to shrink back and just stay right where you are. The Bible tells me that fear is a spirit. It will affect my emotions, it leave my hands cold and shaking, it leaves me face tear stained and it leaves me lonely at times.

My biggest fear is that these people who stand against me will be right and when I look back, there won’t be anyone standing with me. I do know this to be true, I will at least have Jesus standing with me and after all, I guess that leaves me with the most powerful person on my side… Trump that…

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." - James 1:2-4

Note to self: This might be harder than I first thought…

No comments:

Post a Comment