Sunday, April 4, 2010

It didn't end with Friday

Friday, Good Friday, was a rough day for me. Not only because it was Good Friday and the very memory of what my Savior did for me tends to make me cry... but because there was a knock on my door, a package was delivered and fear, anxiety, doubt, and worry set in...


Shortly after receiving the information, I got in the car, and drove... I drove and drove and drove some more...


I tried over and over to remember the scriptures I have firmly founded my faith on...


I tried hard to remember that He is on my team...


I tried hard to remember that the "information" I received, was not the truth, nor was it from Him who speaks the truth.



I tried to be patient, I attempted to "count it all joy", I failed... I think mean people suck and I think the Bible supports that theory.


I tried to remember that I was not alone in this, after all, He was hated before me. After all, that was what this Friday was all about, the intense hatred of my Jesus and His suffering...


I tried to stand firm. I tried to remember the promise, that not a hair on my head will perish, but by standing firm, I will gain life...

Through my flood of tears, I tried to remember a song I love! (Sunday by Tree 63)

Nothing’s sacred, the days are cheap
Truth is thin on the ground
Still our prophets are crucified
Nobody believes we’re stumbling
It’s Friday, but Sunday is coming

Someone’s saying a prayer tonight
For hungry mouths to be filled
Someone kneels in the dark somewhere
And darkness is already crumbling
It’s Friday, but Sunday comes

Sunday – Hallelujah – it’s not so far, it’s not so far away
Sunday – Hallelujah – it’s not so far, it’s not so far away

Broken promises, weary hearts
But one promise remains:
Crucified, he will come again
It’s Friday, but Sunday is coming
It’s Friday, but Sunday is coming

And now that Sunday has come, the peace has started to appear. The fear has started to dissipate and the anxiety no longer paralyzes me for hours, just minutes at a time now...

Needless to say, I found Him, on this weekend, the one where He suffered and died and conquered the grave, I found Him, well really, He found me. I know first hand what it means for Him to come to our rescue, for Him to never give us more than we can handle and I know first hand what it means when He says that He will never leave nor forsake us. I now know why those scriptures mean so much to me. I know why His word means so much to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment