Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Need vs. Want...

It's been a while since I left the hospital, almost 3 months. I have spent my days working on Ministry stuff, hanging out with Isaac and finalizing the last details with regards to my book. It has definitely been busy, just not the 8-5 kind of busy.

Over the last three months Andrew and I have been blessed with watching the Lord provide for us on a daily basis.

After all, He has provided us a comfortable place to call home. It meets our needs. We have enough space, we enjoy our family time in our home and we have "made it our own"...


I have watched the Lord challenge me in areas I never knew He cared about. I am not the crafty/art person in my family. I am not one to keep something just in case I could re-use it one day. I have watched the Lord challenge me personally in this area...

I have created a space for Isaac and I to hang out as the weather turns warmer... I have created it for really, really, cheap... And to top it all of He gave me the design idea while I spent time with Him one day...


I have watched the Lord challenge me in my shopping... I have become addicted to coupons and have watched Him bless us with the exact coupons we need at the time we need them. I have been blessed with FREE cleaning supplies, which is music to my ears and makes my heart beat faster and faster as I just think about it... I have saved over $30.00 within one trip to the store, and have not gone without the necessary items...


I have witnessed the Lord move in my son's heart. I have been blessed with the opportunity to be at home with Isaac during the day, and I have been blessed with the opportunity to have conversations like this:

Isaac: "I can't do it mama... I can't"

Mama: "Yes you can... You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you...."

Isaac: "Pays the Lood... I did it mama"

That was our conversation as we drove home last night, he was having a hard time getting a toy he wanted while strapped into his car seat... I just love the way he says Praise the Lord!


I have watched the Lord provide more than my son needs on a daily basis. After all, a kid doesn't really NEED fruit snacks, a room to call his own, a bathroom to call his own and more toys than one Mama could count.


Right now, at this time in our life, I find us trusting Him just like we did when He blessed us with our son... When He blessed us with Isaac, I was trusting Him to bring peace to my husband as he struggled with anxiety. When He blessed us with Isaac, we trusted Him with our finances and when He blessed us with Isaac, we trusted Him with him...

So for now, for today, I will cling to Him and His word and trust again... I will pray this scripture over my husband as he goes to work each day and as I send out more resumes and wait for the Ministry and the book to move according to His desires. I will trust in HIS promise!

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

1 comment:

  1. He always provides, doesn't He?! It always amazes me. I'm still praying for you in this time without a job, and who knows? Maybe He means for you to do exactly what you are doing! :) Also, as a sidenote, moose tracks is my favorite ice cream ever and I believe it should be a required staple in everyone's diet. Love you! ~ Jenny

    ReplyDelete