Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thankful once more...


This woman, my college roommate, changed my life. She is one of the biggest reasons I am so passionate about Jesus. We were roommates starting our freshman year and we could not have been more different. I was enjoying the "experiences" of college, at a Christian college mind you, and she was enjoying Jesus. But there was something about her that I wanted. She loved Him in a way I had never seen before, and she loved me in a way I had never experienced. She would play the guitar and worship in our room and listening to her would melt my heart.

Her heart for the Lord changed my life. She love for Beth Moore changed my thoughts about Bible Study. Her passion for mission work inspired me. Her ability to love me regardless of my actions is a HUGE reason why I am working so hard for the Lord with the Girls Only Ministry. She gave me a Bible as a birthday gift and was one of the first people to tell me I could actually write all of it. She introduced me to the Word. She taught me to read it and ask questions. She challenged me. She sang praise songs from the bottom bunk bed as I “pretended” to be asleep. She sang as I walked down the aisle on my wedding day, I remember exactly what it felt like to stand at the back of the church and hear her voice. In that moment, she drew me to the foot of the cross and changed my marriage before it began.


And what can I say about these two? Brandon grew up with my husband and is one of the most firmly founded men I know. His passion for the Lord is inspiring. He ability to study the word and preach about it in a way that moves in the lives of people is a gift I envy. His support for my husband is something I could never thank him enough for. His ability to fight for our marriage when times get rough makes me proud. His sarcasm makes me laugh and his daughter makes me fall more and more in love with them as a couple as I watch her grow up.

And his wife? Jenny? Well, there is NO ONE like her. She was my friend regardless of if Andrew and I actually got married. We have fought like sisters and cried together like high school girls who had their hearts broken. We email, we text, we love and we laugh. She inspires me to get out of my comfort zone. She stretches my faith. She challenges my writings and she is a Spelling Bee Champion. She is a good mama, an amazing pastors wife and her servants heart is something to desire.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, thank you so much Mary!!!! I love you too, always and forever! We were just too much of kindred spirits from that first day getting stuck cleaning the boys' apartment and jamming to KYGO, to ignore it! :) I also love that you wrote that I'm a spelling bee champion in there- first grade, baby! Mrs. Stevanek's class- whoo whoo! :) Love you! Jenny

    ReplyDelete