Friday, November 20, 2009

Thankful...

It is my favorite time of year, I adore the month of October and November pretty much makes my heart melt, because I absolutely love the holiday season. So, I figured we are 6 days away from Thanksgiving and I thought I would post about the people that have changed my life everyday for the next 6 days. Enjoy!

Well, it started with just the 5 of us. But I must say, my mama, literally saved my life. She has fought with me and she has fought for me. She loves me. She taught me to clean. She taught me about forgiveness, boundaries and the power of restoration. I love her.

There were times in life that the three of us could not be left alone together. Someone would always be left out or picked on... but as we grew up... there have been times that we could not be separated. My sisters have walked through life with me. They know the worst parts of me and the best, and yet the love me regardless. I cannot go without talking to them. We still fight and we can shop like no one else I know.

In my opinion my daddy can fix just about everything that could break and has broken. His talents include untangling a precious necklace that I had to wear everyday of my highschool life, as it was a gift from my boyfriend and it was tragic when it got so tangled I could not wear it. He came to the rescue. And when that relationship went south, really SOUTH, there he was, just waiting to mend my broken heart.


Then, there are the men of the family. To start, Jim has been around since I was in high school. He is my sister’s hubby and man, he has been right there in the midst of our family for years. He has seen the best of us and the worst of us and there is no one that I would rather have as a brother. We can talk about everything. He can make me laugh so hard I pee my pants and he is crazy about my little sister. I will never forget the time he drove her to a high school dance and stood up for her when her heart was broken. He is a Godly man and I love him.

Then, there is my hubby, and when you get those two together, there is no telling what they are up to. They laugh. They put up with the good, the bad and silly and they are fabulous fathers to their kids.

Finally, this precious one is near and dear to my heart. You see, when Andrew was sick, she and I would lay in bed together and just “hang out”. She has heard nearly every prayer I have prayed and when it was just me at home, she was there to snuggle with while I cried over my man. She is loyal and man I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment