Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thankful some more...

I have the best in-laws a girl could ask for, and if that weren't enough, their extended family is beyond fabulous. The Michigan family and the Montoya family are near and dear to me. Not a day goes by that Grandma Postma has not gone before the Lord on behalf of me and my family. That is something that I cannot be more proud of.

Mama Pita has loved me like one of her own. She can make me laugh and she holds nothing back when it comes to board games. She loves Jesus and her family is one that I am proud to be a part of.

I cannot praise the Lord enough for these people. I love them and if you can believe it, they love me.

But this one, my sister, is amazing. This woman is smart. She is strong. She is passionate. She is beautiful. She is loving. She is REAL. She is warm. She is fun. She can keep a secret. She is wise beyond her years. She is capable. She is one of those people that has impacted my life in such a drastic way that I cannot remember life without her. She is independent. She is supportive. She is talented. She is true to who she is. She is compassionate. She can bake like no one else I know. She is soft spoken. She has a contagious laugh. She is my sister.

And then, there are these two. Known to my son as Papa Roy and Nana Starla. We will start with Starla… She is an amazing cook, anything she touches is tasty. She is woman of prayer. She is slow to speak and quick to love. She is supportive. She is passionate about her children. She is sold out for Jesus. She can work a sewing machine and knit, two skills I would love to have. She loves to clean. She loves all things organized. She understands my OCD issues about a clean house and an organized life. She is a woman who fears the Lord, she has raised her children to know the Lord and I can only hope I do as well with my son as she did with hers.

And then there is Roy. He is powerful, when he speaks, people listen. He is stubborn and at times firm, yet when it comes to those he loves, he melts like butter. He is passionate about cars and can play poker with the best of them. He knows Jesus and His Word. He believes in the power of prayer and he has been there for me when I was at my worst. He is honest. He is true. He is loveable. He is the most generous person I know. He gives freely and cheerfully. He is wise. He is the BEST father-in law a girl could ask for.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you have such great in laws. Thanx for sharing.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete