Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wanting more for him...

It is no secret that I love to shop, for anything really... I just love to spend money. I will blame it on my grandmother who taught me how to "need" a variety of things that could all be purchased with one simple plastic card... and yet, you never really had to "pay" for them...

Until you got married that is... Andrew and I have been living on a budget and man, it is just FABULOUS... yes there are times when I am a titch sarcasitic... this would be one of those times... But don't let me forget to tell you, that my man does a might good job with the task of keeping his wife on budget, it is not a task for the weak... But there are days that I miss those days of care free shopping in college, when I bought the most random things with no after thought...

Well, now that someone calls me "Mama"... I want something more than a closet full of random things... I want my son to be wiser than me. I want him to know what it means to save for something. I want him to know how it feels to give without hesitation and I want him to know his way around a thrift store... So for now...

We are working on the saving thing... Andrew and I put our change in a "jar" and we gave all the pennies and nickles (yes, we give the best of everything to our son) to Isaac and he had the best time filling up his peggy bank...

I took these pictures in honor of his uncle Jim, who is so much more wise than I... Don't get crazy Uncle, I am not praying that my son becomes an accountant, just that he knows how to save his money...

A small note to my future daughter in law: Trust me, you will thank me when your husband knows how to save a little, give a little and spend a little, rather than just knowing how to spend a LOT, like his mama... One day, our husbands will be doing the budget and we might have to seek away for some "spending time", just you and I... together... what a sweat day that will be...

No comments:

Post a Comment