Thursday, June 25, 2009

3 down, 1 to go...

Well, today has come, today is packing day, oh and pedicure day - the musts before any big trip! Today is also a day in which is hard for me. I am so emotional today. I am standing on the edge of something great, I can feel it. Sweet Jesus is going to show up tomorrow in a big way and I cannot wait to see it all unfold. The anticipation for this trip is bigger than my memories of the night before Christmas as a child. I am fighting off doubt, I am fighting back tears as I get to praying over my man and I am honored to be blessed with the friends and family we have surrounding us. It is a big deal, we are in this together. We will either both get on that plane or we will both stay home. We will either both get on that plane and land in Vegas and stay for a few days or we will both turn around and rent a car and run back home. We are doing this, whatever it may be together. This is what it means to no longer be two but one. He is my man, He is my Jesus and together, we will do this, regardless.

If you need a great book I would highly recommend Stormie Omartian's, The Power of a Praying Wife. It is a well worn book by my bed side. I am praying one of her prayers over my man today and each day of this trip. Jesus has placed a scripture close to my heart, just for this trip. It hangs on the wall in our living room, but it is extra powerful today and in the days to come.

Scripture set apart for the trip.
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love. He will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17

Lord, I pray for Your healing touch on Andrew. Make every part of his body function the way You designed it to. Wherever there is anything out of balance, set it in perfect working order. Heal him of any disease, illness, injury, infirmity, or weakness. Strengthen his body to successfully endure his workload, and when he sleeps may he wake up completely rested, rejuvenated and refreshed. Give him a strong heart that doesn’t fail.

I pray that he will have the desire to take care of his body, to eat the kind of food that brings health, to get regular exercise, and avoid anything that would be harmful to him. Help him to understand that his body is Your temple and he should care for it as such (1 Corinthians 3:16). I pray that he will present it as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to You (Romans 12:1).

I pray You will sustain him and heal him. Fill him with your joy to give him strength. Specifically, I pray for his anxiety and fear. Give him faith to say, “’O LORD my God, I cried out to You, and You healed me’ [Psalm 30:2]. Thank You, Lord, that You are my Healer.” I pray that my husband will live a long and healthy life and when death does com, may it be accompanied by peace and not unbearable suffering and agony. Thank You, Lord, that you will be there to welcome him into Your presence, and not a moment before Your appointed hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment